Boiling Frogs-Intel vs. the Village

"Boiling Frogs - Intel vs. the Village" recounts the story of Intel Rio Rancho's impact on the air and water in the Village of Corrales from the mid-1980s to the present day. Updates to this ongoing saga will be posted here.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Report from an Intel Whistleblower

The following is an email I received from a former Intel employee who actually 'walked the walk' that the hypocrites at Intel claim to do, but in fact punish severely any employee who tries to live up to their corporate credo of 'openness.'

"I met with Peter (Kowalski) and his (ATSDR) team when they were in Rio Rancho last year. If his group or anyone else believes what the Intel community spokespersons or Safety managers are saying I have some land for sale, LOL. What bothers me the most is the ABQ Journal and Rio Rancho Observer newspapers have NO interest in these stories. If you read my whistleblower story you'll be blown away by the obvious inconsistancies at Intel. The worst part is they are probably the safest semiconductor plants in the world and this issue isn't exclusive to New Mexico. I personally worked at 2 other wafer fabs that were much more dangerous.

Do you think it was a coincidence that 2 close friends (of opposite sexes) who both worked around the same machine at Intel Fab 9 (with experimental high power RF generators) both got brain tumors in the same area of their heads? One was an engineering manager insider who is retired and to this day denies the RF exposure affected him. On another toolset I busted a fellow tech for leaving RF shields off of a machine and defeating the safety interlocks which exposed pregnant workers to RF energy. His church elder was the fab manager, guess what happened? Nothing, they transferred him to Arizona. Intel Safety refused to even investigate the potential RF exposure.

When I was a Safety Team Leader and Control of Hazardous Energy certifier I busted fellow workers for violating lockout/tagout and received a Written Warning from my managers (for being a bad team player) which is when I knew it was time to leave the madness. Since I have a box full of Corporate and Site Achievement Awards it's obvious I wasn't a mediocre worker but I also wasn't a YES man and spoke my mind when it came to safety.

As I stated in my Corrales Comment article there is a place for Semiconductor fabs but NOT in the middle of communities! It's too bad local and federal government officials are either incompetent, on the take, or getting smoke blown up their backsides."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home